R O A D K I L L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R O A D K I L L

We WOE No Mercy !!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basic WOE Guide.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mortuus

Basic WOE Guide..... Empty
PostSubject: Basic WOE Guide.....   Basic WOE Guide..... Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:45 am

CREDITS to Jon Bon Jovi (IntenseRO Forum)

Do you love to play WoE?
Do you want to actually win a WoE but have a very vague idea how?
Or maybe you think you know how but found out later on that it doesn’️t really work?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this guide is for you!

This guide is aimed at covering most of the basics of woe.I will not talk about the super basic aspects but more on those that most of the guilds here are missing out on. I have searched the internet for a comprehensive guide like this but I have found most to be either insufficient if not blatantly outdated. I will be adding stuff in this guide every now and then but at this moment, I will try to discuss ALL the basics that I can remember so that i-RO players who are still new to woe, or are too used to zerg-rush woes and don’️t know how to do real organized woe may be guided accordingly. You see, most guilds here know that super basics like how to use emergency recall and whatever, but there are some things that they are leaving behind. I will cover those.

Okay, lets first discuss the difference between a zerg-rush woe and a teamplay woe.

1. Zerg WoE Guild

- the word zerg comes from the strategy game Starcraft where it is used to name a race of beings whose main style of attack is assaulting the enemy with droves of soldiers called zerglings.
- used to refer to a guild which has no clear-cut strategy except overwhelming the competition through sheer number (e.g. 20 people defending, 100 people rushing, and the attacking guild hopes that maybe 1 or 2 sinxs can get past the def and break emp somehow)

2. Organized Guild

- relies on using teamplay to win/eradicate the competition
- plays the strengths of each class to maximise their potential
- can easily beat even 5x their number because of sheer skill.

This guide will be divided into the following parts:

I. WoE Mechanics/Modifications that makes it different from normal PvP fights
II. Overview of Job Classes and their use in WoE
III. Basic Stategies,Tactics and Equipment

Okay, lets get it on! Very Happy

I. WoE Mechanics/Modifications that makes it different from normal PvP fights:

The Basic Modifications:

1. There is no indicator of damage. Criticals are shown up as blank critical bubble, with no number inside it.
2. All graphical effects appear simplified (/mineffect is automatically enabled).
3. Each player's guild emblem is displayed over their head.
4. Death in WoE does not cause EXP loss.
5. All skill based damage with the exception of Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field is reduced by 40%.
6. All long-range attacks are reduced by 25%. This does not stack with long-range skill attacks (these are just reduced by 40%).
7. Flee is reduced by 20%.
8. Upon entering a new room in a WoE map, the player is given 5 seconds of invulnerability. This invulnerable status is forfeited as soon as they use an item, cast a skill, or move.
9. All Hunter traps last 4 times as long in WoE.
10. You cannot 'lock on' to players using CTRL+Click.
11. Any abilities that push back enemies do not push back enemies, including enemy guardian NPCs in the castle. (i.e. The push-back effect of Bowling Bash.)
12. Ability Steal cannot steal from the Castle treasure box.
13. Phen Card's 'immune to spell interruption' property does not work. However, skills with a cast time that cannot be interrupted will not lose this ability (unless they are Spell Broken).
14. The Emperium is invulnerable to skill-based damage with the exception of Gravitational Field and Gloria Domini.
15. Ninja's Cicada Skin Shed does not push the player (Ninja) back 7 cells.

Source: irowiki.org

WoE is about guilds going at “war� with each other for the possession of a castle. Hence, unlike PvP, it is not about who is the superstar, but on which guilds breaks emp and successfully defends it until time runs out.

In intenseRO PvP, what I typically see are fast-cast asura monks and sonic blow assassins. Not much else. Most PvP builds rely on dealing the maximum DPS [Damage per second] rather than survivability [ability to stay alive for extended periods of time] since they could always re-enter the PvP room anytime.

This same PvP strategy will not work in woe because you stay in a castle for like 5-10 minutes at the least while being constantly barraged by damaging skills and status ailments. If at some point when your whole guild is already near the emp chamber and you die, you will realise that its so hard to rejoin the pack.

The bottomline: No one is of any use if they are more often dead than otherwise. Survivability is the Key.

More in-depth discussion on the following section.

II. Overview of Job Classes and Their Use in WoE:

a. The Melee Classes:

These are classes that rely on short-range attacks to deal damage or status ailments. They typically dish out major damage because most melee skills aren’️t nerfed [read: not weakened].

SinX’️s, Lord Knights, Champions and Whitesmiths fall into this category.

b. The Ranged Classes

They rely on long-range attacks to deal damage or disable the enemy.

Creators Snipers and Wizards belong to this.

c. The Support Classes:

These are job classes whose abilities are used to strengthen the first 2 types.

This category includes Paladins, Gypsies, Profs [YES, PROFS] and everyone else.

NOTES:

1. LKs suck in WoE. Period.

a. they do less damage than sins when breaking emperium
b. they are not as tough as paladins
c. they do less damage than monks when PK-ing
d. Cart Revo WS's do better in dealing status ailments.

In short, they are a jack of all trades and the master of none. They are just there to annoy, nothing else.

2. CT WS's suck in woe too. Period.

a. WSs are not the best meat tanks
b. CT relies heavily on the kind of weapon used and more importantly, on the WEIGHT of the cart, which means that if one wants his CT to do decent damage, he cannot take stuff off his cart, thereby opening him to the inevitable scenario where he eventually runs out of pots in no time.
c. CT relies on too many buffs to be effective, which can easily be countered by Dec Agi, Quagmire, Dispel, and Safety wall, all of which ABOUND in woe.
d. overups in intenseRO are very easy to make, thereby greatly reducing the damage dealth with CT. CK and IP are nice CT weaps, but its so easy to get dispelled and lose link, meaning the loss of full adrenaline rush and link, making CT's DPS suck so bad.
d. in short, CT as a main means of dealing damage is not a good idea.

3. Bolter Profs suck too.

a. Even with double casting, the damage reduction for magic in WoE is really big, so the best that you can do is tickle people.
b. Bolter profs need high int and dex meaning they will have very little vit, so they get stunned by scream all-too-often, which is bad since their greatest asset is land protector, which is useless if they cannot cast it anyway.

III. Strategies and Tactics:

a. The Party Window

- people in woe get squished into cells and most of the time, it is very hard to target them with support spells. use the party window and friends list to cast skills on them, especially skills like kaupe so they can evade asura strikes.

b. The MARC armor and VIT stat

- there are tons of possible status ailments in Ragnarok Online but the main ones that are employed in WoE are curse, stun, freeze and sleep.
- bard and dancer classes have frost joke and scream, and anyone with no freeze immunity and some vit will get stunned very easily. The reason why most of the guilds here have a godawfully difficult time in breaking defense if because most of the people here have very low vit, thus causing them to get stunned 24x7 which is just pathetic.

c. DEF: DemiHuman Reduction is King

- There are skills in RO where armor def is bypassed - sharpshooting, Asura Strike, Pressure, etc. and the best way to counter then is by wearing straight-out reduction equipment, meaning feather berets, raydric cards, and the like.

- Then you ask: Why the heck would I bother to have that when I die against an asura no matter what I do? If your class is very fragile then you will have devo. You dont want your pally to die right? SO WEAR IT.

- I see monks here going gaga over Flying Evil Wings. Asura does so much damage already, why do u have to add an unnecessary amount? who needs to do a 35k net asura when no one has an HP above 27k? Its pure common sense.

d. Stick together and stay on the Land Protector

- when u stick together, lone asura monks will think twice of getting near you for the fear of being ganked.
- when youre on land pro, the oh-so-feared Wiz AoE skills wont hit.
- when u are together, its easier for support classes to protect you because youre surely within their casting range.

e. Learn to Switch Gears

- different gears for different scenarios, have a set of precast gears and offensive gears.
- Precast gears rely less on def and more on adding damage, this is a plausible idea because you are at the comfort of your own home and thus the element of surprise of miniscule.
- Offensive gears on the other hand rely more on def so that even if you get attacked by surprise, youll still be strong enough to mount a counter offensive.

f. Trust each other

- if your guildmaster tells you to "NOW ALL GO INTO THE EMP!" then all of you must follow him or her.
- It doesnt matter if you may become the 1st casualty, whats important is that your guild wins.
- I have seen so many instances when most people wait for everyone else to get in only to find out as soon as they're inside that their guild has been wiped out already, leaving them as sitting ducks, or maybe the main pack has advanced so far and they got so left behind, that all of the precaster will focus fire on them because they stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by mortuus on Sat May 29, 2010 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mortuus

Basic WOE Guide..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic WOE Guide.....   Basic WOE Guide..... Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:46 am

War of Emperium Second Edition

I was supposed to write about the mechanics of WoE SE since its the only type of WoE which we wil be playing, but I found this on RMS and it pretty much summarizes it. I'll just follow up with a few points that were missed out.

0. Some Basics:

I. Guardian Stone
[/color]
1. To repair a destroyed Guardian Stone, you will need the following ingredients:

* 1 Oridecon
* 1 Elunium
* 30 Stone
* 5 Blue Gemstones
* 5 Yellow Gemstones
* 5 Red Gemstones

2. When prompted to arrange materials, arrange the first 3 materials in the following order:

1. Stone
2. Elunium
3. Oridecon

3. Once prompted to arrange Gemstones, look at the aura the Guardian Stones emits.

Red Aura: choose Red Gemstone
Green Aura: choose Yellow Gemstone
Blue Aura: choose Blue Gemstone

4. If you did it correctly, you will receive a message that the Guardian stone has
been repaired.

II. Barricades

1. To repair a Barricade, you will need the following ingredients:

* 30 Trunk
* 10 Steel
* 10 Emveretarcon
* 5 Oridecon

2. You will need to pay attention to clues to know which item to use for repairing.

3. The clues and answers are as follows:

4. When you complete the repair, you will be prompted.

(Credits to Kazumi for the Repair Guide)

Q and A:

1. Why will FAS/Sharpshoot be the main damage skill in SE and not AD/SB/Asura/Whatever?

a. SE castles have only 1 warp, i.e. the main entrance warp. This means that guilds will most probably stick together for the lack of anything better to do.
b. The castles here are MUCH BIGGER than FE castles, giving better flexibility to ranged classes,i.e. snipers and AD creos.
c. SE is typically a WoE with tons of participants, so killing them 1 by 1 will take forever. FAS kills em all the same time.
d. FAS works well with Wiz AoE skills, for explanation on that, check Question 3.
e. FAS kills MVPs as if they were porings, players are not as strong as MVPs. Enough said.

2. Why the hell did that bastard Nick tell us to use Siegfried and no Land Pro?

With Siegfried, Wiz AoE spells will do very little damage, aside from the fact that those on it gets 50% status ailments resist. Also, it allows the use of pneuma, safety wall, etc, which will guard us from AD/FAS/Asura/SonicBlow/w.e.

In short, the element of luck can be taken out of the equation as defeat will be spelled only by who makes the first mistake.

On the other hand:

Land Protector = No Pneuma = FAS from enemies will hurt a lot.

2.1 What are the downside of this strategy?

Quagmire. Oh shit.

3. Why is FAS + Wiz AoE Good?

FAS means pneuma.
Pneuma means no Land Pro.
No Land Pro means they all die with SG/LOV/MS.
AoE hurts so they Land Pro.
Land Pro means no pneuma.
No pneuma is death from FAS.

Rinse and repeat.

4. So how much vit should I put?

As much as you can reasonably get. If you have a pro Gypsy-Clown party, then lowering vit in favor of offensive stats can be done.

5. Why are zerg tactics and last-minute rushes futile in WoE SE?

There are 6 Steps to get a castle in SE:

1. Break 1 Guardian Stone and stay alive.
2. Break the other one and stay alive
3. Break the first barricade and stay alive.
4. Break the second barricade and stay alive.
5. Break the third barricade and stay alive.
6. Live long enough to successfully break the Emperium.

Note: Each of the first 5 steps can be undone by the defending guild through repairs.

To say that last-minute rushes is futile is obvious because of the number of barricades up. It takes at least 10 minutes to successfully break all barricades and that is if the defending guild sucks so bad.

On the other hand, lets talk about zerging.

Zerging is a tactic where a guild relies on overrunning another via the use of sheer numbers. Say, if your enemy has only 20 bullets, send 21 people since 20 bullets can only kill at most 20 so there will be at least 1 who can get past them. This strategy proved very useful in WoE FE but not on SE.

Zerg rushes seldom rely on each of the members skills, and so a coordinated attack is immensely difficult to pull off. This fact makes it almost impossible to do steps 1 to 5, let alone step 6. No matter how many people you have (say, 100?) there WILL be barricades that will slow you down drastically.

Basically, what I am saying is that WoE SE in essence is about breaking emperium 6 times before getting it, if we consider Guardian stones and barricades as emperium in a limited sense. An uncoordinated bunch of barbarians can do that, but it takes too long to do so, and remember that WoE doesnt last for more than two hours.

The Bottomline: It takes more than just numbers to win SE.
Back to top Go down

Basic WOE Guide.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R O A D K I L L :: Your first category :: Application-
Jump to: